Thursday, October 25, 2012

Call it a mini interview

Let's start this morning off with the most rudimentary of suburban fantasy. Every single person that has taken a vacation to an exotic place has Inevitably said " I could live here". The problem is the 95% of the people that make this comment, follow that statement up by saying but" it's not realistic".  Well, I have many friends who have done exactly what they said they would do. Friends that moved to the beach, lived overseas, moved to the mountains, and followed their intuition. Will I ever be satisfied with minivacations, seeing snippets of beauty, and submerging myself in history for only a fraction of time? As I sit here and write on the beach gazing at the Pacific ocean, I can't believe that I ever will.

My friend Tom once told me how magnificent It was to wake up on the West Coast, take a surfboard out to the beach, and have the ability to play tennis in 75° weather. I'm realized at a young age that he had the ability to do anything that he wanted with his life. He has traveled the world, lived in many different regions and lived life by his code. While I have traveled, seen many new things, and began experiencing life (after 26), I still prescribed to the notion that I have to return to reality. However, reality is what I have create. If I create the reality that I am supposed to be in one place, conforming to routines than that isa choice that I will have to learn to live with.  But in this moment, I believe will be imprisoning myself  in self-imposed mores. 

In a week full of clichés, it's most easy to say "just do it". If over the next several years I can find solace and comfort in signing  people up for oil and gas leases southern Ohio and I am fine with that. However, I have the feeling that writing a book in France, drinking coffee in London, or learning to speak Spanish in Barcelona, might be more attractive lifestyle. It's one life, one world. I can make any  decision that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment