Thursday, March 1, 2012

2012, the Year of Sticking to our Fucking Resolutions.

I’ve set my 2012 and thus far I have been satisfied with the results. I can say that the goal that has provided me the highest level of satisfaction is taking an interested in the resolutions of my friends and family. I have watched a friend train for his first boxing match at 30, a friend dedicate his life to working out, becoming fit and rediscovering life; another is training for his first marathon. I’ve seen a great friend drop almost 25 pounds in two months and another has dedicating this year to experiencing life and making it her year.
All of them are thoroughly sticking to their plans.
Taking an interest in the lives of my friends and family is an inspiration. These aren’t ideas that are reinventing the wheel. They are all concepts of developing our minds and bodies that people have been doing for centuries. They are character builders. What each person needs to get through each day and achieve a level of personal satisfaction. I know that I am not the first person ever to decide to travel the world, learn a new language or explore and attempt the change character flaws. I can only hope that my explorations assist my friends in the same manner that their successes have inspired me.
Thinking about me all the time is exhausting. It is like trying to figure out a 5000 piece puzzle with really small pieces. Sometimes I need to step out of the room and find something else to occupy time and inspire me go back in finished the goddamn thing. Every situation does not need an analysis, all words do not need a prescribed meaning and every failure should not be dwelled upon. Relishing in my friend’s successes has afforded me the opportunity to forget about myself and comprehend that I am just another person trying to figure shit out. Writing this makes me want to shoot all these people a text!
This time around in Ohio things have been different. It is about reconnecting with people I haven’t seen in years, having people I never spoke with in the past sitting and talking at my bar or going to a party I would not normally attend. A yes man. An exploration. For the people I never befriended the first time around, this is our opportunity. It’s liberating seeing someone I knew of 10 years ago but didn’t know and learning about their journey. Forget our differences. Let’s not worry of who were but what we are. Optimism is free. Please if you read this, say hello. I need to hear your goals and know there are other perspectives. And please remind me to put down that complex puzzle when I cannot seize to look away.

No comments:

Post a Comment