Friday, November 13, 2009

Fight night fright.

    It's been a few years since I looked forward to Friday night. The last year and a half in Charlotte has been fulfilling on many levels but a weekend social life has been absent.  The nights with the few girls I've dated and concerts I attended were entertaining but that's all I've really enjoyed. I always envisioned Friday night at a bar like Merlotte's on Tru Blood. A place to go with familiar people and mysterious possibilities.  
    Minus the guilt and hangovers, the summer I moved from Michigan to Cleveland was the last time I throughly enjoyed myself socially. It was a motley. I didn't have false aspirations of a domestic life nor was I overly self conscious. A series of mistakes and a law degree reverted me back to the place I spent my first 23 years. It's time I seriously evaluate my situation. I am too young to not look forward to the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment