Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday night wind down.


  November 15, 2009 
I am not going to write a lot or edit tonight. I have remained busy since I last wrote on Friday.  Keeping up on this blog is important but I will gladly sacrifice a few words for a jamming weekend. I finally had a vintage Coretez Saturday night. I stayed out till last call and I was completely happy drunk.  I went to a birthday party of a few friends. I saw a lot of people I work with. It was very comforting talking to them.  It only took about two minutes of conversation to get the sense that everyone has the same sense of confusion and distain that I am experiencing.  In the last few weeks, I have probably heard five people say getting a law degree seems like such a hugh mistake. I actually heard someone say they are embarrassed to tell people they are a lawyer.  I thought I was the only person that has this feeling.  In hindsight, maybe it wasn't the best idea. However, my law degree is one of the proudest accomplishments.  It was vindication for all the years I spent falling short of my own expectation.  No matter how bleak the job market, no one can take away my fucking degree. 
    I got my skinny ass back out there this week.  Yes, I actually hit on a women while I was out. I still have aspirations of a few scenario  coming to fruition but unless that happens, I need to be proactive.  Lately I have felt inferior. I know I've always had a bit of an inferiority complex and the recent shitstorm to hit my life made it worse.  This girl looked a lot like Christina Ricci, my biggest celebrity crush that is loosely connected to the title of this blog. I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass by. She ended up bailing after about two minutes but nevertheless it felt pretty good to have some confidence back.  It carried over today and I hope it will help motivate me this week. 
  I've been reading this Andre Agassi autobiography and I am really relating to it. I'll have time to think out a blog tomorrow and I want to address a few of those things. Until then. M  
   




 Music: Van Halen, Balance and The Best of Both Worlds 

No comments:

Post a Comment